If you’re looking for the best super automatic espresso machine, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done all the hard work for you and found the top five models in terms of affordability, functionality and durability.
1. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Review
DeLongi is known for affordability and reliability. The ESAM3300 is an exceptional model that’s priced just over $600, and is backed by 500 positive reviews from real consumers. What makes this model so impressive is its patented cappuccino system.
The main features you’ll find with this model include:
- Cappuccino System: A unique system that mixes steamed milk to create a perfect froth for your cappuccino.
- Programmable Menu: Quickly set your machine to brew the perfect cappuccino or espresso when you want it most.
- Bean Grinder: A direct to brew system allows you to add fresh beans and grind them up with a perfect shot of espresso. It’s all about the freshness with this model.
- Double Boiler System: There is little to no wait time with the double boiler system that allows you to make espresso and cappuccino within seconds of each other.
You can choose to brew one or 2 cups at a time. There’s a descaling system built in, and the water container holds 60 ounces of water. The bean container holds 7 ounces of beans, and the coffee spigots have adjustable settings to choose different sizes of espresso. There’s also an instant reheat setting included.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi ESAM3300.
2. DeLonghi ESAM3500.N Review
The ESAM3500.N is like the big brother of the 3300 we just reviewed. While this model is in the high end range, it features exceptional functions that the previous model simply doesn’t offer. You’ll find the following:
- Direct-to-Brew: The direct to brew system utilizes a conical burr grinder with various setting options and instant direct-to-brew functionality.
- Cappuccino System: You’ll enjoy the same great cappuccino system we mentioned earlier. The system mixes the steam and milk to create a rich frothy cappuccino.
- Double Boiler: Never wait too long to have your next shot of espresso or cappuccino. The double boiler allows you to quickly switch between drinks without the long wait involved.
The digital programmable menu has several options that many other brewing machines don’t offer. You’ll be able to choose from the following:
- Water hardness
- Drink type
- One to three hour automatic shut off
- Brewing temperature
- Five different strengths
- Ristretto, espresso and large size options
With 15 bar pump pressure, a 60 ounce water tank and removable coffee container with a height adjustment spigot, you’ll be able to brew espresso or cappuccino better than your local barista. The taste with this model is exceptional, and the digital options offer great control over your espresso machine.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi ESAM3500.N.
|You Save:||$0.50 (0%)|
3. Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine Review
The Gaggia Brera of is one of the most affordable models on the market at this quality level. For just under $400, you get one of the best espresso machines that’ll fit perfectly in your home. This silver model offers the following features:
- Water Filter: one of the most important steps in making the ideal espresso is choosing the right type of water. The Mavea water filter uses four stage filtration to eliminate impurities in the water prior to brewing.
- Cup Warmer: Place your espresso cups right on top of the Brera to warm them up prior to brewing for the best taste.
- Bean Grinder: All of your coffee beans can be put in the grinder and automatically ground before the brewing cycle starts.
- Froth: With a press of a button, you’ll be able to initiate the frothing system to create great tasting cappuccino.
The Gaggia also has several brewing options to choose from using that built-in LCD screen. With pre-infusion, you’ll enjoy maximum flavor and aroma at all times.
Click here to learn more about the Gaggia Brera.
|You Save:||$1,350.00 (45%)|
4. Gaggia 1003380 Review
If you’re looking for a high-end model, look no further than the Gaggia 1003380 Accademia. This machine is what you would expect to see in a high-end coffee shop, but you can enjoy in your own home right now. This model offers some of the most advanced features, including:
- Adjustable Telescopic: The coffee dispenser is adjustable so that you can choose a height of up to 6 ½ inches for your desired cup size.
- Bean Grinder: One of the best bean grinders has been incorporated into this espresso machine. The ceramic burr grinder with the double lid will ensure your coffee or espresso has the best possible flavor.
- Programmable Coffee: Want to brew a simple pot of coffee? You can choose to do so by programming machine to brew 7 to 10 cups of coffee at a time.
The push-button controls allow you to create froth, brew a double shot of espresso ,or choose one of the seven drink types offered: cappuccino, latte, hot water, latte macchiato, espresso, caffe and caffe lungo.
A heavy machine at 45 pounds, this espresso maker provides one of the best tasting espressos we’ve ever had outside of Italy.
Click here to learn more about the Gaggia 1003380.
5. Jura-Capresso 13187 Review
The Jura-Capresso 13187 may be listed fifth on our list, but this doesn’t mean this isn’t a powerful espresso machine that offers exceptional quality. One of the main drawing points of this model is that it has an 18 bar pump instead of the standard 15 bar pump model. And, it features a conical burr grinder made of solid steel with a removable 64 ounce water tank.
This model features:
- Dual frother
- Water level sensor
- Burr grinder
- 18 bar pump
- 1450 w power
- One year warranty
- Cleaning tablets
- Adjustable cup heights
- Mild, normal and strong brew options
- Automatic cleaning functions
- Cup size from 1 ounce to 8 ounces
- LED display
You can even choose from 6 fineness levels with a commercial-grade conical burr grinder. With the patented water filtration system, you’ll enjoy immense flavor with each shot of espresso. There are even double cup options if you want a larger shot of espresso or more coffee.
These five espresso machines will have you brewing espresso and coffeehouse drinks like a true barista in no time. The right one for you will depend on your needs, budget and taste, but each model offers exceptional quality and performance.